Thursday, April 21, 2005

leftie's got yarn!

Hi everybody,
Just got back from a trip and my yarn has arrived! Silky Wool in woad. It's soooo soft and light--I can't wait to get started.

I've got to read up on how to do YOs first, because I did a lace washcloth for my mom on the trip and it came out kind of funky. Something only a mother would love...

I'll get started tonight and try to post a pic tomorrow.

One question: how many of you are using circs for this? I'd like to, but wondering how it goes on the circ.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm not using circs, but can't see any reason why you shouldn't.

8:55 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

I started with a 40" Addi circ and I thought it made the bottom row even more 'cresenty,' but perhaps it's just the pattern. Not to mention, it was a pain to constantly adjust the circ cord at the end of each row and while navigating all the yo/ssk/stitches. I switched to short straights and am loving it. Hope that helps.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Joeli said...

I was using circs on my first go around at this as well, I didn't see any problem. But then I needed my circs for something that actually had to be done in the round. So I frogged it and am restarting on straights (okay dpns with caps on one end so they work as straights).

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home