Monday, April 25, 2005

on the needles at last

Well, after lots of experiments, and after frogging about 8 inches when I realized that halfway through the "right side" had become the "wrong side" (I'd never had THAT particular problem before!), I've got around 14 inches done.

Sorry, I can't post photos directly to the blog, but you can see the photo here and here's a close up. The color in the photos is a bit off--it's actually more a gray blue than it appears in the pics.

It's a bit...well...lumpier in texture than I would like. I'm using #8 needles, maybe I should have gone down a size. But I'm pretty happy with it for a first attempt with lace. And the silky wool is so nice and soft (after the bits of grass are all pulled out). I'm already fantasizing about what yarn to use for the next one!

2 Comments:

Blogger yuvee said...

Hi, I've never joined any KAL before, so can anyone tell me how I can join this one?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Janina in Red Deer said...

Hi there, welcome. If you scroll down the blog page to Friday April 22, April gives her e-mail address. Just let her know you wnat to join, and she will send the invite to you.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home