Saturday, May 14, 2005

Seeing Double??



Click on image to enlarge.
I'm another of the new BO-knitalongers. I just cast on my BO this weekend, but because I am a glutton for punishment and I don't really like skinny scarves, I have split the lace repeat into two halves, and repeated it on the outside edges.

I am using Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud in Stream, and absolutely love it. I should be able to finish up a full-length scarf easily with one 50g/440yd skein, even with adding extra repeats. It should be about 12-13 inches wide when I am done (knit on size 8s).

I am wondering, though, if I should have doubled the Alpaca Cloud. The scarf is going to be incredibly delicate with this yarn...

-----------------------------------------------
More information added on 18 May:
Just to add some details about how I did this. The two halves of the pattern that I am working are stitches 1-10 (left half) and 10-19 (right half) when you start from the first row of the lace pattern. This means that the center stitch in the pattern (number 10) is worked in each half. The only alteration is that I replaced the triple decreases on the center stitch with double decreases (namely, right slanting K2tog on the left side and left stanting SSK on the right side). I did not add any additional stitches to the lace pattern itself. To start, I simply cast on 20 extra stitches (10 for each half). As a result, my scarf should be about an inch shy of fully double the width of the original pattern (because I did not double the stitches for the border).

2 Comments:

Blogger etryer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:59 PM  
Blogger yuvee said...

I love your idea!!! It sure is looking good, and I can't wait to get my own Knitpick's Alpaca Cloud ;)

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home