Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Another newbie

Howdy! I'm another newbie, both to the KAL and to lace knitting. This is my first lace project, and I am loving it. I'm knitting mine in green Kidsilk Haze (I don't remember the exact name of the shade), and I've finished 16 repeats.

It took me a few tries to get past the first repeat, but the third time was the charm. It's like it just "clicked" for me. I'm not sure how many repeats I plan to do; I have 2 balls of the KSH and will probably use part of the second one. I want it to be pretty long.

This is what it looked like right after I put it back on the needles after my 2-year-old decided it would be great sport to give Mama a heart attack by pulling the needle out of her knitting:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here's a close(r)-up:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I absolutely love the way it looks so far, and I love how it feels against my face. (I'm having trouble stopping myself from fondling this yarn as I knit!) The KSH is not as scary to work with as I thought it would be.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to join y'all!

4 Comments:

Blogger mia said...

it is looking great! Keep it up! I, in a fit of brilliance, pulled my needle right out while knitting mine, oh the sinking feeling that was. good recovery :)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

That is lovely - the colour is very delicate, which really suits the cobweb quality of the yarn. Good luck with the rest of it!

4:22 AM  
Blogger rincaro said...

You might be surprised at how long it gets with the ksh. I did 36 repeats and still had a nice small ball leftover. It looks lovely!

7:40 AM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Same with me, I did 36 repeats with the KSH too, and it was really long. Good luck, it looks lovely, I love the shade!

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home