Friday, June 17, 2005

Boring with no pictures update

Well, I've made it through repeat #22. I'm thinking I'm going to be finished within the next day or two (my boy is with his Grammy for the day and evening, so I've got a lot of free time to work on it). And you know what?

I'm terrified. Because once I finish this thing, I've got to block it. And I've never blocked anything before. And I am just stunningly afraid that I'm going to somehow completely ruin it, beyond repair, in the process.

Can anyone reassure me that's not likely to happen? Anyone have tips for blocking the Kidsilk Haze?


The other reason I wanted to write was just to say how very much I'm enjoying seeing everyone's pictures and reading everyone's updates. I'm really glad I joined this KAL, and I'm really thankful that all of you are taking time to share your adventures! So -- thanks, y'all! (Okay, I know, I'm being sappy. I'll quit now.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

First spread it out on a towel on a flat surface, then use a spray bottle and spritz it with some luke warm water, and gently tug the fabric into place and pin it's edges. Don't douse the scarf, just mist it. Let it dry, take photos, and wear proudly! :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi

I did actually immerse my KSH scarf in warm soapy water for a few minutes (I have dogs and wanted to be sure it was absolutely clean!)

I rinsed it carefully, then gently squeezed most of the water out, then wrapped it in some towels to squeeze out the rest.

Then I pinned it out. It was fine. It did grow from 43.5" to 54", so it is quite stretchy!

I also slipped a small knitting needle through one end to block out the "kink". That worked fine too.

Good luck!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home