Friday, July 22, 2005

The aptly-titled first post

Greetings! Here's my Branching Out ...


I've finished a second repeat since this picture was taken, but you get the idea. The yarn is Artful Yarns "Portrait," which doesn't always show the pattern as clearly as I'd like, but I'm still pretty happy with it. It's been dubbed the "Tribble," given the pre-knitting appearance of the yarn. More about my experience with knitting it is here, in my LiveJournal.

I've greatly enjoyed seeing everyone else's creations, and I even mentioned this post by Greengirl about widening the scarf to someone on the Summer of Lace mailing list who thought Branching Out was a bit too narrow. You all have inspired me to keep pluggin' away ...

(This happens to be my first Blogger post, so if it shows up weird, forgive me. *crosses fingers, hits "publish"*)

2 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

I love the color. Hopefully the pattern will show through after a few more pattern repeats. I noticed on the Kyarn site that the yarn you picked is heavy worsted weight. What size needle are you using?

BTW, like you, I have also placed the pattern in transparent sheet protectors. :)

7:51 PM  
Blogger L said...

US 8; I discovered too late that the yarn really calls for somewhat larger needles, but since I liked what I was getting initially, I stuck with it. Besides, I have a feeling I'd ruin the yarn if I tried to frog it now (having frogged it once and done exactly that).

Transparent sheet protectors rule. :-)

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home