Thursday, July 07, 2005

Good things

First of all -- how exciting that I won a prize when I didn't even know I was "competing" for one! News of that came at a great time, and I can't wait to get my package in the mail. Thanks to April for being so generous and such a great hostess!

Second, I am done with my Branching Out! Okay, I've actually been done with it since Father's Day, but I've had a LOT going on and only just got to a point where I could block it today.

Photos of my BO blocking:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My attempt at a "creative" photo

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A more straightforward shot

I've got it pinned down on the floor in my son's room (the only reasonably available surface!). Pinned out, it measures 86 (!!) inches long. I didn't think to measure it before I pinned it.

I did discover that somehow I made an error in one of my earlier repeats that I just never caught! I'm still not sure what I did wrong, but there's obviously something wrong. It's not apparent unless you are looking for it, I don't think, and I am SOOOO not going to rip out the 30-odd repeats I'd have to rip out to get back to it. I'm thinking one not-too-noticable error in my first lace project, while it makes me sad, is something I'm willing to live with.

As soon as it's dry, I'll unpin it and take some "final photos" to share with y'all! I can't wait to see what it looks like after I unpin it -- this is my first time blocking anything ever. I'm hoping (but not entirely confident) that I won't have to do it again because I messed something up!

3 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

Love the "artistic" shot. Which yarn did you use? It's a lovely color.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Nederlass said...

It's gorgeous, and one mistake on your first lace? Ha!
Like the fact that you're blocking it on the floor. I've never really blocked anything, so I'm hoping it'll all work out.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

It looks great!!

I made a mistake in my Branching Out scarf too. It is a really dumb mistake, but not noticeable so I'm not worried.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home