Friday, July 08, 2005

In all her glory . . .

my Branching Out!

bo5
Click for larger image.

And here is a closer look at the pattern:

bo6
Same thing.

Sorry for the lack of human modeling shots, but the only person here with me is my two year old son, and I'm not letting him within arms reach of either the scarf or the camera, so y'all're going to have to settle for inanimate modeling. ;)

I used Kidsilk Haze in shade 581 on US size 8 needles. I did 35 repeats. The final dimensions are 5" wide and 85" long. I absolutely ADORE the finished product! It's so soft on my neck and face, and so floaty and ethereal looking. If I just drape it around my shoulders, it falls to my knees on both sides. If I wrap it around my neck, with lots of "drape," it still falls to my waist in front and back. I think it just about the perfect length and I just LOVE the way it looks. I am SO DARN PROUD of myself that this is something I MADE. (I'm still pretty new to knitting, so finished objects are all still something like magic to me, and since this is my first lace, it's particularly so.)

I can't wait to wear it somewhere!

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

It's beautiful! Great job!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

It's wonderful. It looks weightless and soft. Great job

12:36 PM  
Blogger smariek said...

Your scarf is beautiful! It's nice to see that the "arched" bottom edge gets straightened out after blocking. I was wondering about that on the scarf I'm working on (still).

1:31 PM  
Blogger rincaro said...

It's realy beautiful. I made my mom's in kidsilk haze also, so soft and airy.

2:54 PM  
Blogger diary of a knitknit said...

Gorgeous! Well done Carriescribe!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Wow, it's lovely!!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Beautiful job!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Dandy said...

Bee-u-t-ful....

just lovely!

8:34 PM  
Blogger D said...

GORGEOUS! I love the color and WOW, that is L-O-N-G! lol

Wear it in good health...great job!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home