Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hat to match my scarf!


Hi all! I decided after knitting my scarf that I would knit a hat to match, as I do with most all scarves that I knit. I had no more of the yarn that I used, but had some very pretty painted wool that I got from Ebay some time ago for no purpose whatsoever! Well, it's purpose was found when I saw that the color of my Branching Out was one of the colors in the yarn...thus the hat was born. I thought a simple hat with a Seed St border would be okay, but I wasn't happy with it, so I knit several (aLOT) of leaves of various sizes and sewed them to the border resulting in this 'Painted Autumnal Hat' that matches Branching Out quite well, although I'm afraid that the picture doesn't show the exact color match...but I'm happy to say that it is a perfect match :0)!!
Happy Knitting, Becka

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Knotty said...

Stylin'!

5:24 PM  
Blogger smariek said...

What a pretty matching pair! Wow, that's a lot of leaves you knit! That is, if I understand you correctly, you had to attach each individual leaf one by one?? That sounds like a lot of work...

1:35 AM  
Blogger Annkari said...

I love your idea for the border! The hat is really pretty, nice colours!

4:09 AM  
Blogger whatever said...

Thanks everyone :0)I truly had fun making both the hat & the scarf!! Yes, I knit each leaf individually and then I sewed each one on with wooly nylon (happened to have some for my socks!)bc it's practically invisible & you aren't left with visible stitching over the knitting.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home