Tuesday, November 08, 2005

This is my first KAL!

I started my BO today. Since I'm just getting started knitting lace, I thought I would make this first in a heavier yarn. So I found some really pretty dusty lilac Debbie Bliss Merino DK in my stash and cast on this afternoon. I think I could have used larger needles than my 8's but I so wanted to use my bamboo and I don't have them in very many sizes yet. I think it will be alright once it's all blocked out. So far I only have two repeats, but hey, it's a start....

I'll post a pic later this weekend of my progress! I just love looking at all the pretty ones on this blog. Can't wait to add mine!

3 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

Please post a picture soon! :)

1:36 AM  
Blogger whatever said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your picture!! I, too, did my scarf with dk wt yarn and meant to grab a pair of addi's, but grabbed 8's!! I was horrified when I realized I had grabbed the wrong size, but had done far too much to frog & figured that blocking would open up the pattern...and IT DID :0)!!...don't fear, yours will do the same!!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh thanks for reassuring me! I was just sitting here looking at it and worrying, wondering if I should rip it all out and start again. I'll post a pic very soon, maybe tomorrow. Let me get a few more repeats under my needles so it looks a bit more impressive. LOL

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home