A few days ago I posted a pic of my first partially complete Branching Out. I inquired here about trying a second with Douceur et Soie. After a few ill-fated attempts, I scrapped that idea and purchased some Frog Tree Alpaca fingering weight yarn and started a second scarf with that.
Inspired by the Harlot and others, I decided to try and double my original Olympic goal. (Since I finished the first B.O. only halfway through the Olympics I felt guilty and obligated to keep going. There was another reason...keep reading.) I finished Saturday and had it blocked before the closing ceremonies.
Anyway, here they are. The green one is Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, and the blue one is Frog Tree Alpaca. Both on US size 8 needles, 27 and 30 pattern repeats, respectively.
OhByTheWay: Three repeats from the end of the first B.O. I had a moment of enlightenment and realized I was DOING THE DAMN YARNOVERS WRONG!!!! The purists among you would have frogged the whole thing and started over. I rationalized that the pattern was more or less "emerging" and that as long as I remained consistent, it would be OK. So I finished it. The second one is done correctly, and it was in some way pay back for the faux pas on the first. Wrong yarnovers don't make me a bad person, just a crappy knitter :^)
This was my first attempt at lace. I already have the ingredients for a bigger lace project, so I guess it wasn't too bad once I got the hang of it. I have to say that the invention of the "lifeline" is right up there with fire and the integrated circuit!