Monday, April 11, 2005

Hole-y moly

This is my first knit-along, very exciting. I'm hoping being part of the group will keep me motivated...

I started it with a fingering weight Indiecita baby alpaca yarn in brown. I have four different shades of baby alpaca given to me as a gift by my mom, who visited Peru a few months ago and got bags and bags for me... I'm just hoping I chose the right colour. I don't want it to look like dead leaves. (Or do I?)

I had to frog once because I started with size 6's and it was way too small-- I don't want a "skinny scarf". So I tried again with size 9's. Very airy and "lace-like" knitting fingering weight with size 9's! I like the effect.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can wrangle the digital camera away from greedy family members...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home