Monday, April 11, 2005

Falling behind!!

Wow April, you're doing well.

I cast on last night with Rowan Kid silk haze. Not such a good idea perhaps as my previous WIP was an ultra chunky sweater on 9mms!! It feels like I'm knitting with cobwebs!

I've never knitted anything so fine before, and have only ever done 1 lace pattern previously ( a scarf in Noro Korchoran). I got as far as the 5th row of the pattern and found I'd lost a stitch somewhere so frogged and started again. Now I'm just at the stage where I've finished the first 5 rows of garter sticth.

I'm thinking I'm going to start another one tonight with some silk/wool yarn from my stash which will be thicker than the Rowan. I wanted to make the Rowan for my sis in law who needs some TLC (her mum has just been diagnosed with lung cancer), but I don't want to make a pig's ear of it so figure if I do the silk/wool mix one first I'll get used to the pattern and might then feel more confident to do another with the Rowan yarn.

This is my first KAL - it's great to know your all out there if I need help!!

1 Comments:

Blogger merlinthecat said...

It's my first KAL also, this is fun!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home