Monday, June 13, 2005

Phew!! BO #2 is finished!!

Hurrah! BO #2 is finally finished. This is knit in Rowan KSH shade 589.

I'm really pleased with the way it's turned out. I stopped at 25 repeats as I didn't want it to be a really long scarf. Pre blocking it was 45", post blocking 53.5". This is for my sis-in-law, Deb, who is such a good friend, and who has had a bit of a traumatic year so far. I hope she likes it!

I felt by the end I'd finally got to grips with knitting with this yarn, and it was worth the effort! I also got the pattern repeat down from almost an hour per repeat to 20 minutes!

I love lace knitting!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

That's beautiful! What size needle did you use?

I'm a late comer to this knitalong, just signed up today.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Thank you!

I used 5mm (US8) Addi Turbos circs. I tried straights but found metal too slippy and plastic needles weren't much better. Although the Addis are metal, the yarn didn't seem so eager to leap off the needles, and once I got into the swing of it they were fine!

2:18 AM  
Blogger smariek said...

I ordered 3 Addi Turbo circs last week. Never used them before. I've heard great things about them. Can't wait for them to arrive.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home