Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Branching Out #2

I finally got around to finishing my second Branching Out. It took me two months to complete! It's really hard to get any knitting done with an 8 month old who wants my undivided attention, so I only got to chip away at it a few rows at a time. This one seemed to take so much longer because of the fingerling weight yarn... I felt like I wasn't making much progress and I was knitting very slowly to avoid losing stitches because the yarn was very slippery.

This is a picture of the scarf being blocked; wrong side up. I wish I had a blocking board or some blocking wires so the edges will turn out straight.

I still haven't gotten sick of this pattern. I'm already working on Branching Out #3, this one for my mom. It's made of the same yarn I used to make her hat. I thought it would be nice for her to have a matching scarf.


http://smariek.blogspot.com/
.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

That's really lovely!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home