Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ripping, ripping and more ripping.

I joined this KAL yesterday. Eagerly and enthusiastically I casted on and intended to get at least two pattern repeats completed. I wanted to post a picture and everything. You see, I have "branched out" before when I knitted a mini lace shawl. I figured this would be no problem for me. It's only 10 rows to work with. Pbth, easy like Sunday Morning! Well, I am not sure if it is that I have lost my knack for knitting, or that my attention span has been reduced to the size of a pea due to a constantly crying 4-month-old.

For whatever reason, I started and ripped out this puppy 3 times already. The first two times, I screwed up on the 4th or 5th row. Not too much lost.

The third time I ripped I had knitted the 10 rows for a complete pattern and thought I was well on my way to completing my 2 pattern repeats I had hoped for. Wrong I was, I somehow ended up with 31 stitches on my tenth row instead of 25.

Having no clue what I did wrong I frogged the whole thing again.

Cry cry.

5 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

Hang in there! I had trouble with the pattern at first, but after a few repeats it all fell in place and "clicked" for me.

I understand about distractions. I'm working on my 2nd Branching Out scarf now, but am chipping away at it very slowly & working on it only after my 7 month old goes to bed.

One thing you might consider is using a "lifeline" as you go. I haven't needed to rip back to my lifeline, but I feel better knowing it is there just in case.

11:45 AM  
Blogger The Silent K said...

Life line?

I am an amatuer. I have no idea what that is... Is it too hjard to explain on here for me?

12:53 PM  
Blogger The Silent K said...

Wow. Thanks. How awesome is that? Knit-A-Longs are wicked cool!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Lauren Ipsum said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:34 AM  
Blogger The Silent K said...

Thanks everyone, you guys are awesome.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home