Monday, October 31, 2005

Hi, I'm new!

I cast on for my first Branching Out (I'm sure there'll be more!) this weekend, and I'm 12 repeats into the pattern now. The yarn I'm using is New Kid by Lana Grossa, 50% mohair and 50% microfibre in a dark green. I'm knitting it on 4mm needles.

This pattern is so much fun! I've done a little lacework before, but nothing as intricate as this one. I'm already thinking of other yarns I could use for this pattern ...

Here's a picture of the first few inches I knit on Saturday:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Ipsum said...

Oooh I like that colour! Looking good.

2:41 AM  
Blogger smariek said...

Is it difficult to knit with mohair? I've never done it, am a bit afraid to.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Annkari said...

The colour is a bit lighter in real life, it's my favourite shade of green. :)

I don't find the knitting with mohair difficult, but it sure is not fun to rip! I have to be very careful when I need to knit back a few stitches. That's why I've started to count the stitches at the end of each row. ;)

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home