Wednesday, October 26, 2005

New KALer


Hi everyone, from Derbyshire, in the UK.

I'm a fairly new knitter - started in August 2005 - and I haven't progressed beyond scarves and dishcloths yet, but give me time. ;)

I loved the Branching Out pattern as soon as I saw it and decided to take the plunge. I'm knitting on 5mm needles in Kidsilk Haze (Majestic). This is the finest yarn I've worked with and it's a bit scary. It's so light and wispy I feel as though I need to hold my breath when I'm knitting it but I do like the results so far.

Two and a bit repeats so far, as you can see from the image.

This is going to be a present for my Mum, so I hope she likes it when it's done. Fingers crossed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

It looks great!!

10:42 AM  
Blogger smariek said...

That is a beautiful color!

2:44 PM  
Blogger rincaro said...

Such a pretty color. I'm getting ready to cast on for another one in ksh.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home