Friday, October 14, 2005

New KAL-er

Hi y'all, from a knitter in South Carolina. I just started my first Branching Out scarf a few days ago, and it's one of those projects I can't seem to put down! (Well, with a 2 year old and a 7 month old, I really do have to put it down, but sometimes I don't want to. KWIM?) I love this pattern. It's easy as far as lace goes, yet interesting! I'm using Tahki New Tweed in the purple color. It has flecks of a burnt-orangey color and a teal/green color, which actually looks pretty cool in combination. My first post about it is here, and here's a photo of my first few pattern repeats:



The Takhi New Tweed is really easy to knit with, and nice and springy feeling (it's merino wool, silk, cotton and viscose). It's been discontinued, and if I had extra money lying around, I'd buy it all up. Jimmy Beans has a good many balls left, at something like $5.29 a ball. That makes it a great inexpensive gift--this one is going to be a nice warm winter scarf for my mom.

2 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

What a beautiful color!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I love the colour! It looks really soft too! Very nice. :)

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home