Friday, December 09, 2005

Finished :)

I'm so happy! It looks great! I'm visiting my mother this weekend so I'll give it to her tomorrow.

I tried to block it with pins and mercerized cotton, but I was unable to block it decently. So I steam-ironed(gasp!) the wrong side of the damp scarf (to bring out the texture on the right side), hand-blocking small extents of the scarf while I ironed so that the lace would open and the width would be constant. I'm pleased to say it looks great! And it is very soft and with a great drape!


In the same table: look how it grew! It measures 14.5 cm wide and 162 cm long.


Detail of the pattern. The true colour is slightly darker, but very close to this.

3 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

Looks great!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

very pretty!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

You did a beautiful job. What yarn did you use? It looks perfect for this pattern and the color is very nice.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home