Thursday, December 01, 2005

Blocking

So I finished the knitting part last Sunday and this is the first chance I've had to block the scarf.

I did 25 repeats. Pre-blocking the scarf measured 48 inches, post-blocking it measures 62"! It's about 6.75" wide. I've never blocked an item before but I read somewhere that lace likes to be quite aggresively blocked and I think it does really bring out the pattern. (I'll post a close up on my blog.)

I used Yarn Harlot's method of blocking lace, using dishcloth yarn stretched tight down the sides, which I hope will minimise any 'swooping', and a dpn at each end, which I hope will straighten those edges.

Once it was all stretched out I misted it liberally with cool water.

Fingers crossed it turns out OK when it's dry!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's beautiful.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home