Thursday, December 22, 2005

Finished!


With three days to Christmas, this BO is on it's way to my mother-in-law in Kansas. I hope she likes it. I am pleased with how it turned out, it's so soft and delicate. The finished piece measured almost 6 feet (after being blocked). I used one skein of KSH in Grace and metal needles for this one, but will probably switch to bamboo for the second BO I'm working on. Thank you for the blocking tips, I've never blocked before and was nervous about which method to use. Now, to finish the second one before my mom's January birthday!

2 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

Looks great! I keep telling myself that I need to make a white one.

As for blockng, I just wet my scarf, gently squeeze excess water out in a towel, then pin it out on a towel to dry.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

thanks! I think I made the blocking process too big of a deal because it was my first time. I spritzed the scarf and steam-ironed VERY slowly. Next time, I will just wet the scarf and pin it out to dry. (My mom-in-law LOVED it, she received it the day before Christmas...Hallelujah!)

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home