Thursday, April 14, 2005

I'm Branching Out, too!

Thanks to Lu, who pinged me about this KAL, I'm here now as well. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's wild about this pattern. I initially started this in a merino laceweight and although I like the yarn (variegated blues, pinks, lavendar) because it reminded me of spring, it seemed to delicate and small, so I restarted in an dk weight alpaca in sea greeen. I'm liking that much better and added 9 more repeats last night (after this picture). I'll post a more current picture soon, but for now, here's the 2 side by side for comparison.
2 tries at branching out

Here's a slightly blocked closeup, so you can see how nicely this yarn shows off the pattern when the it's opened up just a little.

alpaca branching out

I love the way the handpainted yarn reflects color in this pattern. Can't wait to see progress on everyone else's.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi Ho Jo - it's really interesting to see two in different yarn side by side - what a difference. I'm doing 2 versions too - Rowan Kid silk Haze and a silk/wool mix.

I'm mighty impressed you managed 9 repeats in one evening! I'm struggling to do 3 or 4!

Carolyn

9:37 AM  
Blogger Tavie said...

I love the colours on the original but the colour on the new one is also gorgeous.

So, so pretty.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Freecia said...

Are those magnets or eggs spreading out the pattern? At first I was wondering if they were eggs...
Looks gorgeous!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home