Thursday, May 05, 2005

Autumn Leaves

I've finished 20 repeats on my BO, though the picture was taken when there were only 10.




I'm not getting as nice a pre-blocked stitch definition as most people are. (I see that in the picture it looks like there's more definition than there is in real life; I wonder if this is true only for my BO?) I think this is because I'm working with home-spun singles. When I finger-block it the definition is all right, though, so I'll continue, since my daughter fell in love with the yarn and I haven't enough to try to ply it.

I think I'll eventually do the scarf again in a single shade--the varigation is also blurring the lace pattern. Live and learn.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Even though the stitch definition isn't as good, the colors are amazing! Very fierce.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Moze said...

The Youngest Teen is a very fierce girl, so it's fitting her scarf should be, too.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Janina the Mom Beast said...

A beautiful rendition of the pattern. Maybe you can't see the stitch definition because you are too close....Let me try to explain:
I thought the same thing about my alpaca Branch, and reasoned that it will open up some once it is blocked. I tried mine on to test the length (needs another 20 inches) and happened to glance in the mirror, and --wow! It looks totally fabulous on, even in its un-blocked state. I just needed to see it from further away than my lap!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

What fantastic colours! I love it!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home