Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Hello and Progress

Hi! I just started Branching Out yesterday, and after much frustration, I think I am finally on my way.

I am using a terrific 50% merino, 50% silk coned laceweight yarn called Zephyr they sell at my LYS. It's an incredibly good deal pricewise. I love how this yarn looks and feels - super soft and kind of shimmery.

Branching Out 050205 002 Edit

I've finished about 5.5" inches so far, double stranding the yarn. I'm making it for my mom for Mother's Day :)

Branching Out 050205 011 Edit

More details at my blog: http://darnyarn.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

Blogger Janina the Mom Beast said...

Hello. Your scarf is looking beautiful.
Is the color of your yarn called "Cassis"? I am thinking of getting a shawl kit from Fiddlesticks, and that is the color that appealed to me most. The pictures on your blog were very helpful, although seeing just how fine the yarn is, next to the penny, has got me a bit nervous!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home