Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Row 7 stinks like BO

I have officially made progress on my Branching Out. Hooray! But even after 22 repeats, I'm still making mistakes here and there. I am very impressed with Psychedelic Knitter's feat of memorization. My brain does not have enough spare room to accommodate all those pesky ssk, yo, s1 k2 psso stitches.

Let's talk for a moment about row #7. Is anyone else completely insane on row 7? I have to focus-focus-focus with each and every row 7. And those times when I've tempted the goddesses and stopped maniacly reading the chart, I end up with the wrong stitch count. Row 7 is my nemesis and by the end of this project, I swear I will win this battle of wills.

Overall, I am enjoying by BO [although written like that, it appears all-too-close to the dreaded appreviation for Body Odor - eek!]. Not only am I learning a lot, but I'm getting lots of attention on public transportation. Non-knitters remark on how beautiful it is, and knitters remark on how difficult it must be. A project that can impress knitters and non-knitters alike -- now that's a project.

Stay tuned for pictures ... whenever I get off my tushie and post them. Happy SSKs everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seven Crows said...

You are right! that was the problem row for me too. I am done with mine thank heavens and will post pic later today hopefully.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

*blush* aw shucks, it was nothin'. And row 7 is the trickiest one, I think, because of that random YO k1 before you decrease the leaf to 3 sts. It took me a while on that, I had to make a conscious effort to do it every time.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Row 7 is evil. Especially when I get half a row 7 and somehow do the rest row 5. sigh.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home