Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Finished version 1!!

Ok, here's my first completed BO - the silk & wool version. Finished knitting it on Saturday, washed and blocked it on Sunday (out in the sunshine as it was such a beautiful day!)



I'm really pleased with the colour, but it's not as soft as I had hoped it would be after washing. Feels like cotton. Still, this is a spring pattern, so I guess it's appropriate.

Complete Posted by Hello



As you can see I didn't quite get rid of that kink!



 



Here's a close up.... I'm really pleased with the stitch definition.

Close Up Posted by Hello
This is intended for my mum - I hope she likes it (my parents are coming to visit this weekend) - I'm not sure she wears scarves very often.



 I really felt as though I'd got the pattern licked by the end, but never stopped counting my stitches! I've still got the kidsilk haze version on the go, which is driving me mad as I'm knitting it on metal (aluminium?) needles and it's slippery as hell. It's already come off the needles a couple of times, but thankfully I've managed to sort it out without having to frog. I think I might either switch to a circular needle, or get some bamboo straights, which I hope would grip the yarn better? Anyway, am having  a short break from the pattern by getting on with a cashmere Cozy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh dear, those pictures are HUGE!!! I'm sure they're not supposed to be that big! That's the first time I've posted pics direct from photobucket. No idea why they are so big. I'm very sorry if it causes any problems.

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitch definition! I would really suggest bamboo or wood needles for the mohair yarn, they make a big difference.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home