Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Another newbie ;)

Hi everyone, I just joined this KAL today, and this is my first ever KAL. I have to warn you though...I'm a real newbie at knitting lace, but I hope I can handle this one.
I'm going to use Rowan KSH in Heavenly for this project, though now I'm not so sure about this yarn selection anymore. I just cast on, and still on my first row...so be patient, since I'm sure this one will take a long time. Is there anyone else using this kind of yarn too? I think that I'll be in trouble....
Anyway, drop by my blog if you'd like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi yuvee, welcome to the KAL.

A few of us are using KSH. I love the way it's knitting up but I found it such a shock to knit something so fine at first! Also, I've been using metal needles which hasn't helped as the yarn is so damn slippery!

Don't worry about being a newbie - this is only my second lace project (and the first one really was easy peasy). It's not a difficult pattern in itself (in that none of the stitches are very difficult), but I found I REALLY had to concentrate - and I found it helpful to count my stitches at the end of EVERY non-purl row. That way, even though I did make a mistake a couple of times, I didn't need to tink much to put it right. I think if I hadn't kept counting I'd have got myself in a terrible mess!

Good luck, and post some pics!
Carolyn

12:00 PM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Thanks carolyn.
I'm using bamboo needle, and I think it's working out great, though I don't see any stitch definition in it. It's so loopy, but I'm quite satisfied with it though.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home