Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Complete Branch!

Here it is - complete - blocked, dried and ready for wear. It is 66 inches long and 7 inches wide. I completed 27 repeats - had actually done 28 but decided that I didn't have a long enough end to weave in so ripped back on one repeat. It was done with 2 balls of Saucy Sport mercerized cotton in color # 558 Pistachio.

I notice it has a tendency to lengthen and narrow as soon as I picked it up. I did let it dry for more than 2 days and also used a number 1 knitting needle at each end to guard against the pulling in the middle. I think it would look good as a table scarf too and you can see my dining table modeling it here: Table Scarf

Oh and best of all (other than a few knitted bunnies I made this spring) this is the first knitted item I have finished in years! Now maybe I can start working on the pile of WIP that have been building up for the last 15 years.


Person Scarf Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger D said...

That looks fantastic! I really like the length, so maybe it was best. :)

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks great. I want to make a Branching Out scarf.

I was wondering if you had any extra Saucy Sport Pistachio yarn for sale. My sis-in-law is trying to finish a sweater and can't find that color anywhere.
Best,
Barbara

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home