Thursday, May 12, 2005

I started my Branching out a few weeks back and am really enjoying it. This is my first real foray into lace, so there has been much ripping and gnashing of teeth, but I'm finally getting the hang of it. This is made up in Silky Wool in color #10 (got it here). I really like this yarn - it's soft, but doesn't split easily and drapes well. The color is gorgeous - very close to this picture, with lots of variations in the blue throughout the yarn. This is being made up for my son's Kindergarten teacher as an end of the year present, so my deadline is June 9th. I will finish by then.*

.

*famous last words :-P

2 Comments:

Blogger rincaro said...

I'm seriously considering whipping up another one for my son's kindergarten teacher! It looks lovely!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

My sister teaches 2nd grade, and I know from her that gift certificates are the thing that every teacher *really* wants....but I think his teacher will love the scarf :-). She has commented on the sweater that I made for him and was impressed that I know how to knit, and I figured this was a really personal gift. Perfect for an incredible Kindergarten teacher!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home