Monday, May 23, 2005

no no to alpaca silk

Hi I also just joined and wanted to say hi. I would be about 5 repeats in but I dismantled my scarf a couple days ago. I was using Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in ruby. The k3tog's and s2 kl psso parts were really tough with this yarn as it kept splitting. I was putting up with it until I ripped and re-knit the same section 4 times... just kept being wrong. That's what I get for watching Six Feet Under, talking to my boyfriend and trying to knit lace all at the same time. So I'm going to try again with different yarn. Not sure what yet but I'm sure I can find something suitable in my stash :) And I'm going to read through this blog and see what everyone else used.

Thanks for making a KAL for this awesome project!

-Amber
http://yarnjunkie.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I'm sorry your Alpaca Silk did not work out. But, while not happy for your split stitches, it is something for me to jot down in my Don't-Use-This-Yarn-for-That notebook. Good luck searching the stash.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home