Wednesday, June 29, 2005

change of plans

Apparently the knitting gods were not pleased with my progress so somehow during the 6th repeat I screwed up and couldn't for the life of me figure out how or where. So I frogged it and started over using smaller needles and putting in a lifeline after every repeat. I don't think I'll *ever* do lace without a lifeline again. Already I've used it twice and it's been a total blessing. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have progress pictures. I'm up to repeat 9 now and it's looking pretty spiffy if I do say so myself. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

I hope it works perfectly for you this time. :)

BTW, what's a lifeline?

5:08 PM  
Blogger smariek said...

Please post pictures soon!

I have two lifelines in my Branching Out scarf, they're about 2 repeats apart. I haven't had to use them yet though. You know how it is... if you don't do it, then you would have needed it.

I am using lifelines in the Flower Basket Shawl, and I have to say that that lifeline has saved me MANY times!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home