Monday, June 20, 2005

Newbie and question

Hi. I just started my Branching Out scarf (it's a surprise for my mother...) using Schoeller Esslinger Merino Soft, in colour Arabesque. I have knitted 2 repeats (with no mistakes) using 3,5 mm needles, and now I will knit another sample with 4,5 mm needles.

Anyway, I would like to know how much should I expect the scarf to grow lengthwise and widthwise, i.e., if before blocking it measures, say, 10 cm width and 120 cm length, after blocking how much should it measure?

If I find it too narrow for my mother, I will think of some solution.

Thanks a lot and happy knittings,

knit_tgz

P.S. I have taken a picture of my BO, but it's very blurry and the colour is not very true.

1 Comments:

Blogger fert said...

blocking solves a lot of width/length issues. if it's too skinny, you can block it to be wider but then the scarf will be shorter than expected. so, if you want your scarf wider than now, make a couple extra pattern repeats to get it to the right length.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home