Wednesday, June 01, 2005

new brancher here

hi all. i started my "burning branches" a few nights ago, then had to rip the whole thing once i realized that the slip2, k1, p2over part means i'm supposed to slip 2 AT THE SAME TIME. silly me. now that i've got that all figured out, i've got 8 repeats re-done and i think it looks much better than before (though the picture is all scrunchy).



i'm using knitpicks "color your own" merino that i dyed with kool-aid. the yarn was slated for another project, but branching out made me change my mind, and i'm glad i did.

thanks for letting me play along.

betsy.

4 Comments:

Blogger D said...

I love it. Great work and the variation in the yarn color is gorgeous!

11:43 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh -- I LOVE the color. Nice dying.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Wow! Great work dyeing! I LOVE the colors. I rarely see any kool-aid dyed yarn that isn't lime green or bright blue, this is a refreshing change ;)

11:51 PM  
Blogger basimah said...

thanks all for the kind words :) i used jamaica, tamarind, and pineapple(pina) kool-aid... always one to try new things.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home