Wednesday, June 29, 2005

progress and a question... or few

I'm about 30 reps into the pattern now, at 20 or so, I decided to start following the chart instead of trying to keep track of the written rows. No idea why i didn't decide that much sooner, as it would have led to not as many half-row tinking fiestas in the first 20 reps. Ah well, live and learn I guess.

Questions: Is my figuring correct in that once I'm all done with the scarf, one end will be more stitches wide than the other? If so, is that fixed with blocking? And how the heck am I supposed to block this thing? It's long. Really long.

3 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

The scarf will be the same width (number of stitches) at both ends. You start the pattern by casting on 25 stitches, and in pattern row 10 (the row you end with before doing 5 rows in garter stitch) it takes you back down to 25 stitches.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

It still amazes me that the scarf changes stitch count as it goes through the repeat and yet looks the same width all through the scarf. It's magic.

3:39 PM  
Blogger fert said...

ditto, kim and samantha. i block really long scarves on my yoga mat (or two yoga mats) covered with a towel(s). you can puncture the mats with pins to keep the scarf in shape :D

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home