Saturday, July 30, 2005

done!


I finished this morning! Well, I use the term "finished" loosely here, because I have yet to block it. But at least the knitting part is done. I will block it on sunday when I have some time. But, i LOVE it! I will definitely have to knit another one for myself, but I would like to use more of a lacey yarn. i think I would like to try the double-wide version, too. We'll see....
Anyway, just to re-cap, I used Rowan Calmer in coffee bean, and size 10 needles... I did a total of 32 repeats. I am so glad that I tried this scarf. I was so apprehensive about trying lace, but I was determined to figure it out. It took a few attempts, but I am glad i didn't give up. Now I feel like I can do all kinds of lace patterns! I already have a few in mind!
I will post some pics again after I have blocked. ; )

2 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

Cool! I'd love to see it afetr it's blocked.

I've finished my scarf also, but still need to weave in ends and block. I'm a procrastinator when it comes to doing that.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

How many balls of calmer did you use? I love the feel of that yarn and I think it would make a great scarf. I'd love to see it blocked as well. Thanks for sharing:)

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home