Saturday, July 16, 2005

I started tinking.....

thanks for the help...
I looked at it and was trying to figure out which were knit and yo stitches to stick the needle thru to save it that way....
and after heavy thought I decided against it, and tinked it back 4 rows....
but now I counted and I have the k3 on each end and 24 sts in the middle?? no where in the pattern am I supposed to made that amount, so I think I lost one st somewhere?? and now I don't know what row I'm on either..
aaarrrgggggggg..
I can guess but I think thats what got me into trouble in the first place...lol....
oh what a time I'm having with this scarf this time around...
I think it's because I'm not concentrating as much, and I really have to!

any ideas on how to figure out what row I'm on??
thx

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

nope... i would be lost if it werent for my lifeline and a lot of concentration!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I would unknit a row or two, until it looks like the mistake has been removed.. or unknit to a point from which you can start again.

I don't know how well you can "read" your knitting, but I would then start looking at the sequence of stitches I had to determine which row it corresponded to on the pattern..

That, or if you have already done at least one repeat, then you know what the first row of the repeat looks like, and just frog back to a row that looks like that.

I don't know if that helps at all.. but I hope it does.

12:22 AM  
Blogger amber said...

I'd say do what Diana said and then once it's back on the needles... I've been putting a stitch marker on row 1 so that I can always count up to figure out what row I'm currently working on. That and personaly I have to have quiet when I work on this project or I mess it up... perhaps that's why I'm no where near done yet :)

-Amber

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home