Saturday, July 16, 2005

I made a boo-boo


BO screw up
Originally uploaded by DandyLion1974.
some where 3 or 4 rows back I made a mistake... somewhere, somehow?!!? I'm not to sure what I did but the one leaf is pointed the wrng way and the middle row of stitches jumped over a stitch or 2... ok now for the help... silly me didn't have a life line, and I'm not sure how to fix it, if I rip it out it'll be in worse shape than it is now, and I'll have to rip it all the way!
Do any of you know what else I can do?

Thanks so much..

3 Comments:

Blogger rincaro said...

I would leave it if you're uncomfortable tinking back. It's a beautiful yarn and when all is said and done you'd have to look long and hard to find that mistake!

11:54 AM  
Blogger smariek said...

Boo hoo, I can feel your pain. Even though you didn't have a lifeline, perhaps you can try picking up stitches in a known-good row below the mistake using another needle (helps to use a smaller needle). Then knit forward from that row.

There's an article on Knitty, about halfway down the page, that shows how to do this with a straight knit or purl side. It shouldn't be much different to do it with lace, just not as obvious. Try to pick up stitches on one of the even rows where there are just knits & purls.

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/FEATwin03TT.html

1:16 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I would leave it alone. It's barely noticeable anyway.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home