Friday, July 22, 2005

Branching Out has a Friend

Hello, all. Just a quick progress report. Last post, I had run out of yarn and was waiting for the postman. The yarn came, but as I was planning to knit a matching beret, and use the remains from the hat to finish the scarf, the hat had to come first.
And so it did. The beret is finished, blocked (on a plate, by the way) and looks and feels great on. I am pleased with myself: for the beret I had to learn to work with both circulars and DPNs. My tension is even, and there is no laddering of stitches. And I got it done in less than a week, which is a pretty heady feeling for me!
So now I am back to the Branching Out, and have about ten repeats to go. Either I can't count, or I was resolved NOT to run short of yarn again, because it looks like I will have an entire ball leftover.
Hmmm... a ball for the beginning of a "leftovers" stash-- or an 80 inch skinny lace scarf? What to do, what to do?
Janina in Red Deer

1 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

Better to have too much yarn than not enough. :)

Please post a picture of your Beret as well as the Branching Out scarf. I'd love to see them both.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home