Monday, December 26, 2005

Froggery hijinx at grandmother's house:

I've frogged (for the 5th time) the BO scarf. Again. I don't know what it is, but I can get about 8-10 repeats in, and then I fozz the whole thing and can't remember what row I was on, EVEN THOUGH I was marking down notes about it, and where I thought I was. I may just not be cut out for a lace scarf yet. Argh. How is it, how is it that I can do cables no problem, even without a cable needle, but I can't keep my rows straight for this scarf?! Maybe I'm a perfectionist (check that, I AM a perfectionist), but this is just driving me to dixie!!! arg. Feh. I'm only worried that I'm going to knit and frog the yarn into fuzzed up sadness that I can't reuse. Alas.

Oh well. I'll just go mourn the loss of yet another foot or so of pretty scarf, ruined by yet another mistake in counting. I know ripping out is part of the process, but part of my frustration with this is that I have to concentrate so goldurn hard on it to begin with, and I just can't seem to get it to behave right.

I'm not starting this project again without a row counter. That's all there is to it.

(mourning sounds, and the quiet, rhythmic sound of a semi-scarf being made back into a ball.)

Sigh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

You are definately not the only one - my BO had many mistakes, some I went back to fix and others that just had to stay. What's weird is that the second BO has been as difficult as the first! Really, we are far more critical of our own work then anyone could ever be...

11:29 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Have you tried using a lifeline at the end of each repeat? I just kept moving mine up one repeat at a time as the scarf progressed. It was a big help to me.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

Having the exact same problem. Rows 5 and 7 give me the biggest fits.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

No worries. I had so many problems with this pattern. I can't count how many times I ripped it out and started over. I've now FINALLY completed one and started a second one. It's really fun to do once you "get it". I must have a row counter, and a pencil and paper to keep track though. I also learned about doing a "lifeline". (Running a piece of yard through your stitches so that if you have to rip out you don't waste it all--you just rip back to your lifeline and restart. Good luck, I know you can do it!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home