Thursday, August 24, 2006

C'est Finis!

I picked up knitting needles for the first time, about a year ago. And almost immediately my desire to knit this pattern got ahead of my ability to do it. But I jumped in with both feet, only three short months after my very first knit project and, five repeats later, I abandoned it for nine long months. Too slippery on the needles and too sticky for frogging, the mohair yarn was leaving me with nohair and a slightly defeated spirit. Since that modest beginning, I've learned much, especially an appreciation for other's finely honed knitting skills, and I decided to give it a go again. So I put this baby on a circular needle and rested easy that this was going to be, at worst, a learning project. Just not an abandoned one, anymore.

7 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

It's beautiful. Which yarn did you use?

12:23 AM  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

Thanks! It's Patons Lacette. Sort of shiny AND fuzzy, up close.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooohhh, shiny AND fuzzy, fabulous :) I wonder if I can get it in Australia ?

Great work, looks beautiful!

1:47 AM  
Blogger Knitty Cent said...

Your branching out is GORGEOUS. I'm kniting mine in the same color, even though it isn't as pretty, LOL. Keep up the great work. :-D

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did it! Aren't you proud of yourself? And it looks beautiful!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Red Rocket said...

Thanks you all again, ladies! And, Anna, your's is stunning if I must say so. There's just something about that pink.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I love the color. I'll need to try and find some of that yarn!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home