Monday, January 23, 2006

New to the Team!



Hi Guys! I'm new to this group and I'm loving looking at all the gorgeous scarves everyone is making. It's great to see how different they all look using all the beautiful yarns. I'm posting a picture of my first one (I plan on making another...they make beautiful gifts!).

I used Cascade 220 in a dark purple and a heathered-purple and I was really happy with the results!

I had a problem though...and I'm hoping that someone can shed a little light on this:
I had a "v" shaped cast on edge, BUT my bind-off edge ended up straight! I had a feeling this was going to happen because it happened in another lace scarf I did...so I did a really loose bind-off...and it still happened! Darn it! Can anyone help me with this?

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

I don't have any help to offer, but I wanted to mention that I have seen the same thing in a lot of pictures that I'ved looked of Branching Out. It might be due to the stitch pattern. I think it pulls up like that because the last RS rows of the pattern have fewer stitches than the first few rows.

I would prefer symmetry in the two ends of a scarf. I not sure how to fix this probem, but as I've only done about 6 repeats, I've got time to figure something out.

I'm looking forward to reading advice about this!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home