Monday, January 16, 2006

Fin

Hooray!!! My Branching Out is done! I'm so happy with the end result. Blocking Lace is so satisfying. I have a few other pictures over at my knitting blog.

My 3 year old daughter was SO excited to help take out the pins this morning. She was a very careful helper. "Oh Mommy your scarf is so pretty."

The foam letters are technically her's. They are great for blocking knits. I use yellowed headed quilt pins to pin the item during blocking. Since the foam letters are modular you can make just about any size and shape for blocking. I saw the idea online somewhere sometime last year, but could honestly not tell you where.

I bought this set of foam letters at JoAnn ETC for around $20.00 but you can find them at Babies R Us, Toys R Us and the like. I've also seen people use the large foam floor pads that you can buy at Target and Lowe's/Home Depot for blocking.

I've really enjoyed participating in this knitalong. It's been great fun to see so many versions of Branching Out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Beautiful work ~ love the color!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home