Saturday, January 14, 2006

Blocking

I'm done knitting Branching Out.

The scarf is currently blocking in the basement. I use my daughter's foam alphabet squares and quilt pins to block knitted items.

The picture to the left is the scarf just laying out on the foam waiting to be pinned. You can see that it extends from the K to the 1.

The picture to the right is the scarf all pinned up and starting to dry. The scarf still starts at the K but extends past the one and on to halfway into the Z.

Blocking lace is really amazing. You start with this shriveled up mass of stitches that wondrously morphs into this beautiful, open pattern.

Overall it was a fun knit. I'm glad I tackled Branching Out. I'll post a final picture once it is finished blocking.

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Those foam blocks are a great idea.

10:05 PM  
Blogger smariek said...

I can really see the pattern shine through in that second picture. Looking forward to a picture after blocking.

Where did you get those foam squares?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for the kind words. I found the letters at JoAnn ETC but you can find them at most toy stores. They work great for blocking.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home