Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Finished my second Branching Out

And I even finished it in time to give it to my mother-in-law for Christmas. She likes it a lot, and couldn't get over the fact that "it must have taken such a long time to knit." :) Actually, I only spent about 10 hours total knitting this scarf. And since it was my second Branching Out, I had the pattern memorized after the first few repeats, that sped things up a lot.

The yarn I used is "Silana" by Lana Grossa, 70% Merino, 30% Silk. Amazingly soft, but also a bit loosely plied. I only knit 1,50m/ 5' before I cast off, but after blocking the scarf measured 2m/ 6,5'! It's a good thing I didn't use the whole 100g of wool as I'd originally planned, because I'd have ended up with an 8 feet scarf for a very short person.

1 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

Of course your MIL would like the scarf! It's pretty!

Good thing you knew where to stop. I always have that problem because I forget to take into account of stretching during blocking.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home