Sunday, March 19, 2006

I Thought I Was Finished

I really thought I was done with the Branching Out pattern when I finished my first B.O. back in January.

A few weeks ago I had nothing on the needles and did not want to go out and buy yarn at the time, hah that did not last long. Anyway I had a nearly full ball of Knit Picks Palette in Blush in the stash so I whipped out my nifty color coded Branching Out chart and started a second scarf.

The pattern was so much easier the second time around. I think knitting in wool instead of cotton helped somehow. I knew the pattern better and felt more confident in my knitting. I just knit till the ball ran out so the scarf is a bit short, but it fits my three year old daughter just fine.

Happy knitting everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

Nice! I've made three Branching Out scarves and I agree, it definitely gets easier. The last one I made was a short one too, only because the recipient preferred it that way.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow...that's beautiful. I haven't knitted in over 25 years. I never could do anything that fancy. I don't think I could do that. Thanks for sharing.

9:17 AM  
Blogger AsKatKnits said...

Hello fellow Midwest Knitter! Sarah, it is nice meeting you also! Hope you had a great Monday!

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home