Friday, May 06, 2005

Another bad Branching Outer

Hello all,

I really meant to post before now. I just don't know where the time has been going. Certainly not into my BO. I have about 15 repeats done, but I can't get motivated to finish it. Perhaps it is because I realized on repeat 13 that I was doing the yarn overs wrong. I'm a new knitter and didn't realize I was doing them wrong until I started another project with yo's.


So my dilema is do I frog it and start it over or do I just continue to knit doing the yo's wrong. It is a belated mother's day present for my MIL and she will understand if I just finish it off as is. Can always make her another one the right way for her birthday. :-)

I'm using Tahki Stacy Charles Ritratto yarn in colorway 70. I'm not seeing the lace definition the way I would like, but I think that is due to the incorrect yarn overs and not the multi-colored yarn as I had originally thought. You can see the pattern and I think it will come out more when I block it. Oh and I accidentally bought size 7 instead of size 8 needles, so that probably has something to do with it as well.

Oh well, it is a learning experience right? I am really enjoying knitting lace. This is my first lace project, so I guess I expected it to be a little slow and mistake filled. I can't wait to buy some more yarn to make one for my mom and myself! Sorry this got so long!

Jenna (aka gidgettm on the knittyboards)

3 Comments:

Blogger rincaro said...

Well... if you can frog it you might wanna go ahead and do that. Otherwise if you start doing the yo's "right" your scarf will look kind of half and half. Any chance of a pic? It might look way better than you think!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

No digital camera. I tried doing two rows of correct yo's and it is very noticible. It makes the scarf much wider and of course the pattern is much more defined. I'm thinking I just need to frog it.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Frog it. I know it sounds awful, but you probably won't be happy knowing it's wrong, so bite the bullet!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home