Saturday, July 02, 2005

Finished Pics!

I finished a while ago but I'm only just now getting around to taking pictures. I still need to weave in the ends and I'm annoyed that the bunching in that I really liked on the beginning end didn't happen on the other end. So I'm going to need to try to block it out.

I used 1 1/2 balls ofRowan 4-ply cotton in Marine (dark navy blue). I really like this yarn for lace. I think it's 36 repeats long



Obligatory outdoor shot:





If this scarf has taught me nothing else it's that:

1) Lifelines are my very best friend

2) Row counters are my second bestest friend

3) Don't just buy one ball of yarn on impulse because whatever you decide to make w/ it months down the line will take more than one ball and you will spend two weeks trying to find it at all, much less in the same dye lot (I did end up w/ the same dye lot. god bless purlsoho.com)

4) I love love love knitting lace

This will live on my dining room table as a table runner. I'm thinking of making another one..

4 Comments:

Blogger smariek said...

Beautiful! It looks very "lacy" with the big holes. What size needles did you use?

I never thought about using the scarf as a table runner. It'll look lovely on your table.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I used size 8 needles

1:20 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Whoops, I lied. I used size 6 needles

1:24 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

It looks great!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home